INDIA TO BE


The India of my dream is one where hunger does not scream.
Where water is pure, all ailments it can cure.
Where politics is pious, against none it is bias.
Where streets are protected, ravens all hunted.

The India that I want is where poverty does not haunt.
Where soil is fertile, no farmer commits suicide.
Where perspective is wide, humanity a national pride!
Where each head has a roof, human dignity’s basic proof!

The India that I desire is one free from communal fire.
Where air is not polluted, natural treasures not looted.
Where each child is educated, to labour not abetted.
Where cross border love is immense, not a penny spent on defense.

The India I envision is one immune to communist poison. 
Where each adult has a job, children not made to slog.
Where all communities happily survive, people free of all vice.
Where sex does not disqualify, happiness only magnify.

The India that I crave is the India I will make.
Each day I will strive, all right chords I will strike.
All stones I will turn, without success not return.
Decades it may take, my commitment will not shake.

© UMANG

"KINDLY DO NOT USE THIS POEM ANYWHERE WITHOUT TAKING A PRIOR PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR I.E. UMANG. DOING SO IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ELEMENT OF PATRIARCHY IN ‘THE MURDER OF ROGER ACKROYD’

World Consumer Rights Day: A Valid Marxist Interpretation

MAKING POLITICS CLEANER